Wick trimmers are tools used to cut buildup soot from the wick. Our wick trimmers are made from high-quality stainless steel and coated with matte black.
Trimming the wicks of candles is one of the important steps in candle safety! Trimmed wicks also mean clean wicks, which allow for a clean burn.
We recommend wicks be clipped down to 1/4" after EVERY burn.
- Make sure you allow your candle's melt pool to reach the side of the jar on every burn. Otherwise, tunneling in your candle will occur.
- Always trim your wicks to 1/4” before burning. This will make your candle last longer, ensure a safe flame-height, and will prevent any blackening of the jars. Do NOT burn a candle all of the way down. You should discard when there is only ½” wax left in container. If you ignore this tip, you risk your candle exploding due to candle container over heating.
- Never leave candles unattended or burn them for more than 4 hours at a time. Never burn a candle near anything that can catch fire. Always keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never extinguish candles with water. If you candle comes in contact with water, discard immediately! Do NOT light this candle again.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Never use a candle over night as a night light.